Cardboard, plastic, tape, and knives.
What could possibly go wrong?
When your team is looking for the ultimate outdoor challenge, we’ve got it: Build-A-Boat.
While it might seem like survival skills training with office supplies, success in this challenge involves real-world team leadership, problem-solving, innovation, and gritty perseverance — all under tight deadlines.
Then comes the real test: People get in, the timer starts, rowers paddle 100 yards out, turn around, head for the finish line and glory, hoping their boat doesn’t sink. Tie? Put the soggy thing back in the water and launch it again.
In the end, it’s a grand day outdoors playing with — and learning about — your team.
Does your team have what it takes?
- Teams get an opportunity to start and complete a project with limited resources outside of the normal work environment.
- Environment allows natural leadership skills to emerge
- Challenges participants to be innovative and practical while executing under tight deadlines
- Discover unique abilities and latent skills of your people, which could make them more valuable in your organization
- Can be incorporated into a full Team Development curriculum
Details & Pricing
- Reserve at least 40 days in advance. Subject to venue availability. Cost per participant does not include venue rental
- Call for complete booking policy — 1-866-981-8665
- Duration: 5–6 hours
- Group Size: 20–250